Light House in Kakinada is one of the ancient construction in the state. In 1874, Light House was constructed from 10 km to the North East Kakinada city. Pithapuram Maha Raja donated 6 acres of land for the construction of Light House. It was constructed in 4 years at 23 meters in height. The ships from 20 nautical miles (36 Kms) distance can identify the lighthouse. The lighthouse served around 130 years with cooking oil and kerosene. Later a new lighthouse beside this lighthouse was constructed with advanced arrangements at a height of 45 meters. The ships from 20 nautical miles (36 Kms) distance can identify this lighthouse. There are lighthouses at Kakinada, Kandikuppa, Antarvedi in our district.
Like us on Facebook
© 2016. Kakinada9.com. All Rights Reserved.